All resumes may be emailed or mailed to the attention of the appropriate person below. Thank you!
Principle Function: The Pastor is responsible for Shepherding the Church family under direction of the Holy Spirit by honoring God, equipping disciples, loving people and sharing the Gospel. The Pastor is responsible to the church for providing administrative leadership for the church and for using his skills in proclamation of the Gospel and pastoral care.
Reports to: The Deacon Body
JOB Qualifications: The person in this position must be a committed, spiritually maturing Christian who loves God and is called by God to proclaim the truth of God’s Word and lead ministry of and to the church body. Qualified candidates will possess competencies in relevant areas to faithfully serve all guests and members of the church, as well as team members as part of a unified ministry team. The following description of job responsibilities is intended to reflect the major components of the position only.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. A seminary or other relevant graduate degree would be an advantage, but not required.
Experience: Previous service as pastor in ministry.
Skills: Must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and be proficient using a computer; must be organized and able to work with minimum supervision; must be teachable, flexible and cooperative as a team player.
- Proclaim the gospel and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
- Provide administrative leadership for the total church program.
- Provide pastoral care for persons and lead the church in providing pastoral care for persons in the church and community, including regular hospital visitation and ministering to others in crisis situations, illness, death, family difficulties, etc.
- Supervise other members of the church staff according to the church organizational chart or manual.
- Plan and conduct Weekly worship and prayer services.
- Conduct funeral services and wedding ceremonies.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings and attend monthly deacons meetings.
- Strive to be available for all church functions and special services.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Board of Deacons.
MINISTER OF CHILDREN
Principle Function: The Minister of Children is responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating our ministry to preschoolers, children, and their families, including the oversight and leadership of our Nursery and Weekday Preschool Program.
Reports to: Pastor
JOB Qualifications: The person in this position must be a committed, spiritually maturing Christian who loves children and is called by God to lead ministry to children and their families. Qualified candidates will possess competencies in relevant areas to faithfully serve children, families and team members as part of a unified ministry team. The following description of job responsibilities is intended to reflect the major components of the position only. Licensure/ordination is not required.
Education: A B.S. in Early Childhood Education or a related area is preferred. A seminary or other relevant graduate degree would be an advantage, but not required.
Experience: Previous service in a preschool and/or children’s ministry is desirable.
Skills: Must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and be proficient using a computer; must be organized and able to work with minimum supervision; must be teachable, flexible, and cooperative as a team player.
- Direct a regular program of outreach to preschoolers, children, and their families within the community, promoting the children’s ministry; participating also in regular church outreach efforts.
- Develop and lead a program understandable for children of all ages that explains the Gospel and its call for a life commitment through an introduction to God’s love and God’s Word, inviting them to respond, and discipling them further in their knowledge of His Word, their commitment to Him, worshipping Him, and their desire to serve Him.
- Provide resources, encouragement, and guidance to assist parents with their biblical responsibility for discipling their preschoolers and children.
- Encourage open networks of fellowship where all children and their families are welcomed and loved.
- Direct the ministries to care for preschoolers, children, and their families during times of crisis, stress, and grief; be available to counsel preschoolers, children, and their parents.
- Provide a safe environment for preschool and children’s ministry that should include developing, coordinating, and updating as needed a unified child security and safety system.
- Enlist, equip, and train leaders for all areas of preschool and children’s ministries.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead yearly VBS and children’s camps.
- Assist the ministry leaders with special projects/events in support of ongoing ministry.
- Prepare and oversee an approved budget covering all aspects of the children’s ministry.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for the preschool and children’s ministry facility needs.
- Direct and oversee the Weekday Preschool Program.
- Participate in the Sunday and special services under the leadership and direction of the Pastor.
- Strive to be available for all church functions, as well as weekly staff and monthly deacons meetings.
- Participate in Continuing Education activities as approved.
- Actively participate with the FBC staff team for the purpose of encouraging and improving the overall church program. Coordinate closely with other ministry leaders in areas where ministry overlap exists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.