FBC Moultrie Membership Covenant
Each member of First Baptist Church commits to:
(a) Protect the unity of the Church.
· By acting in love and grace
· By refusing to gossip
· By supporting spiritual leaders
· By believing the Bible and submitting to its authority
(Philippians 2:1-4; Ephesians 4:29; Hebrews 13:17; II Timothy 3:16-17)
(b) Share the responsibility of the Church.
· By faithfully praying for its growth
· By inviting the unchurched to attend
· By warmly welcoming those who visit
· By connecting with and witnessing to unbelievers
(I Thessalonians 1:2; Luke 14:23; Romans 5:7; Matthew 4:19)
(c) Serve the ministry of the Church.
· By discovering gifts and talents
· By being equipped to serve
· By developing a servant’s heart
· By involvement in a Church ministry
(I Peter 4:10-11; Ephesians 4:11-13; Matthew 20:25-27; Philippians 2:12-13)
(d) Support the testimony of the Church.
· By attending faithfully
· By living a Godly life
· By growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ
· By obediently and joyfully giving tithes and offerings to the Lord
(Hebrews 10:24-25; Philippians 1:27; II Peter 3:18; II Corinthians 9:6-8